A system of preventative and therapeutic medicine that focuses on the musculo-skeletal system. It aims to restore function to the body and to alleviate existing issues that are preventing the body from healing itself.
Osteopathy is suitable for all ages - from babies and children to the elderly and comprises soft tissue work, mobilisation, manipulation and cranial techniques. Advice on lifestyle, exercise and diet may also be given during treatment depending on the presenting condition. Each treatment is specifically tailored to each individual’s needs and requirements.
Osteopathy can be used to treat a wide range of conditions, some of which include:
• Generalised aches and pains including muscular pain and cramps
• Back and joint pain during and after pregnancy
.• Neck pain and associated headaches.
• Lower back pain.
• Trapped nerves, for example sciatica.
• Joint pain for example in your shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, ankles or feet.
• Arthritic pain and stiffness in both spinal and peripheral joints such as the hip or knee.
• Migraine prevention.
• Minor sports injuries.
Osteopaths undergo an extensive training process usually comprising 4-5 years and they are regulated by the General Osteopathic Council-a governing body who administers clinical and ethical guidelines.
If you are unsure as to the suitability of osteopathic treatment for you or your complaint, please feel free to call for a confidential chat to discuss your condition prior to booking